I have recieved information from Transtrom's Great-Granddaughter, Tamara Zizzo, explaining that Henry L. Transtrom was not killed by a Tesla coil at all, but died in his bed from leukemia.
Incredibly, it seems the many published accounts of Transtrom's death by Tesla coil are a myth.
This page is dedicated to the memory of a high voltage showman who paid the ultimate price for his Art.
During a public performance of the lightning man stunt, the sparks from his fingertips connected with a curtain rail, and that was it; he died on the spot.
Henry Leroy Transtrom
born: Nov 15th 1885
fried: Jan 5th 1951
He was a master of Tesla coils and high voltage, writing an excellent technical book on the subject entitled
'Electricity at high pressures and Frequencies'
(originally published 1913, Modern reprint by Lindsay publications).
The late Henry Transtrom performs the lightning man stunt that didn't kill him.
Here he is lighting a bulb with an electrode held in his mouth...
...and how about a high voltage facewash?
"If held too close the sensation is unpleasant, like the pricking of a thousand needles, but when held just close enough to feel the spray the sensation is rather agreeable."
Click the pic...